8/13/2007

The Most Beautiful Sight

I have several beautiful sight I can't forget. One of them is a beautiful snow in Hokkaido.

I was a student in Hokkaido for 5 years. Hokkaido is a nothern island of Japan. The winter in Hokkaido is very cold and we have heavy snow in winter time. I am from Shizuoka and we don't have snow there, so my first winter in Hokkaido was wonderful and surprising for me.

One my first winter morning in Hokkaido, I woke up with surprise.Everything around my house looked different. Everything was white, but they had colors until the day before. Andthere was silence. there were no car, no people, nothing was moving. I didn't have any class that day, so I called my friend and drove to Furano, which is famous for beautiful view. Getting out from the car, and we couldn't talk. We saw white fields against a backdrop of the blue sky, and white trees on the horizon. Mt. Taisetsu stood behind us. The view was huge and we were tiny. We just stood in silence.

No comments: