8/20/2007

Being a Twin is Difficult!

I have two sisters and a brother. One of my sisters and I are identical twins. Her name is Nodoka which means 'peace'. Mine stands for 'happiness'. I was born 15 minutes after her. We were always together since before we were born.

Some people say that twins have a special ability. I don't know if it is true or not, but we have several experiences being twins. One time when I was singing a song in my mind, my sister came over to me and sung same part of same song! It happen several times.

We were interested in the same things when we were elementary school students. Our favorite subjects were paints and science, especially we were interested in animals and nature things. We liked same cloths, food, color, toy, and boys! Our interests, faces and shapes were so similar. Because of this reason, we fought a lot of times. And what's more, everyone around us compared us. The scores of our tests were especiallyour huge stress. We cannot mark the same score. So there was always a winner and looser. We hated that. So my mother decided to separate us. We went to different junior high and high school. Then everything have changed. Our characterestics and interests became different. I'm now studying animal science and Nodoka is studying German history.

But still the root of our interest is the same. I'm now coming to United States as an Aupair and she was Aupair in Germany two years ago. We are so interested in other cultures and curious about all different kind of things. When I face the torouble, I send e-mail to her and she gives me advice. Her advice encourage me a lot! Because she was an Aupair. My twin knows both preasure and difficulties being Aupair.

We are far from each other now because I'm here in Minnesota, but I believe our hearts are very close! Just because we are twins!!!

No comments: