9/04/2007

Bear Hunt

This weekend was the last official summer vacation... What did you do??
I had a great experience! My host family brought me bear hunting!! I didn't hunt but I went to campsites with hunters.

We left our house at 9 am on Friday and after 6 hours drive, we got a camp site 1 hour drive from Grand Maraise. My host mama's sister and her husband own land there. The campsite was on the highland, so I felt cold there. My host mama and her stepdad took me on a short trip on a four wheeler. It was amazing! There was nothing but trees, lakes and rocks on the field. There were several swamps and you can see moose sometimes. Unfortunately I couldn't find them that time. I've never seen them before, I really wanna see them oneday. Then we pass by the dead tree forest, where there was a fire years ago. That view reminds me of the Lorax by Dr. Seuss.

The bear hunt started on Saturday morning. The hunters fed bears for a month for this 3 day hunt. They put oil on their body so the bear cannot smell them, dressed in camouflage outfits, and brought their gun on four-wheelers, then they went to hunt.

No comments: