1/09/2008

New Year in New York

Fortunately, I could spent new year night in New York city! Who in the world doesn't know the countdown event at times square? world's most famous new year's event! I went there just to look how many people gathering the place around 2pm. It was mistake. It was messed up there, I couldn't find end of crowd. Everyone around me was trying to move somewhere, so I pushed away like a stone in big stream. Everybody had their destinations but nobody knows how to get there. Lots of police (wo)men surrounded us to tell directions and make barricade. I've never seen such a bunch of cops with guns, I was scared little. But somehow their face looked pleasant. Maybe They were excited to join the biggest event in whole year. It was lucky that my friend and I didn't lost from each other. After satisfied looking up the building the new year ball come down and taking pictures to proof I was there on new year's eve, we found burger king for the restroom and went to downtown to join different countdown event. Seeing polices occupying many seats at burger king was funny!







Where we went to count down is the restaurant-bar called 'Rodeo Bar'. Firsttime coming into the bar, we couldn't have a table so we had to wait standing for 30 minutes. After three bottles of beer we could have laptop-sized table for three perple. They have a space for bands to play. Several rockabilly bands played that night. I saw the balloons covered all ceiling on the bar to celebrate coming new year! It was so beautiful! And we had a lots of peanuts as a anack and I put shells back into the same basket they serve, then my friend told me 'You've gotta throw the shells away on the floor'. What? Do I need to make mess? But I looked around me and found the big mess! By hte end of the night the floor looked like chicken barn and I heard clacking sound everywhere.

No comments: