8/24/2008

New Bartender!

I took a vacation last week and went to the Bartender school in Midtown.
I felt like I'm a city girl that wek. I stayed at my friend's house in Yonkers, took the packed subways every morning, got out from the underground at 42nd st/Bryant Park, Bought bagel and coffee for $1.50, have breakfast and study at the Bryant Park then went to the school. My friend and I went to the lottery for the musical 'In The Heights' (Unfortunately we couldn't get the tickets), hang out and then went home. Isn't that sounds fun? I really miss that life in nowhere in Upstate now.

The school was sooo much fun! It was rather hanging out with my friens than studying. Teachers were/are awesome, they are fun and kind. We were required to make 20 drinks in 6 minutes for graduate. I was little worried because my English is not so good, had no knowledge of alcohol, and my height is way short against the bar counter! Also we have only a week to learn everything!! I thought NO WAY! But I suddenly remembered that I like studying! I really love to organize then memorize the information. I forgot that for years. I studied in the subway to and from school. Also at the Bryant Park, my favorite place. Which was so fun! And I made it! I got a perfect score on the paper exam and made 20 drinks under 6 minutes! I proud of myself! And the same time, I'd love to say thank to teacher Dan and Max!!

No comments: